Android OEMs usually ship with a long list of bloatware ( Apps pre-installed you may or may not need) that tend to interfere in the performance and activities of your mobile, make it slow and consume power and every other resource. While OEMs claim they are features to benefit the user but it seems unlikely. For example, the Samsung or Xiaomi MiUi has their own set of Browser and sometimes facebook installed and Notes app and others of which there is a long list. Similarly, stock android apps which sometime you would not like to use but you have to keep that forcefully, this is the guide to disable every such app safely. We will discuss it without Root access first and then with Root.
Disable Apps to Debloat your Android
- You can Tap and Hold the Menu Options to Appear on Apps or Go to Setting–> Apps –> Open the App You want to Disable
- Go to App Info for the App you want to disable, for Example, I want for Google Duo
- Disable This App, it will ask to uninstall the App Updates and restore to the factory version. Proceed and Nod a YES
- You have successfully disabled it. You will no longer see this app in the usually App Drawer, although you can re-enable it from settings.
Disable / Debloat with ADB
- Download the Android Driver for your Mobile here – https://developer.android.com/studio/run/oem-usb.html#Drivers
- Get the Fastboot and ADB Drivers here – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8ANzZ-mQJP0ESJHYx4ZAbDQDEYTtCdW/view
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android Device, To Enable Developer Options ( Go To Setting –> About –> Tab Build Version 7 Times ) Now Go To Settings –> Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging
- Launch a Command Prompt window by holding Shift and Right-clicking then selecting the “open command prompt here” option.and enter the following command
- If this is your first time running ADB, you will see a prompt on your phone asking you to authorize a connection with the computer. Grant it.
- Now if you re-run the adb devices command, the terminal will print the serial number of your device.
If so, then you’re ready to move on.
- now enter the following command adb shell
- You can Uninstall or disable ass many apps you want, you only have to know the exact package name which you can easily get.