1. All connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network.
2. Leave no trace on the computer.
3. State-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
New Talis version Tails 3.5
Redesigned Tor launcher to bridge connection with local proxy and updates with the version of the Tor browser to 7.5 and Thunderbird to 52.5.
Tor browser ensures you by bobbing your communication around a distributed system of transfers keep running by volunteers all around the globe: it prevents some person viewing your Internet connection from realizing what websites you visit, it prevents the websites you visit from learning your physical location, and it gives you a chance to get to websites which are blocked.
Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 52.6 and the unauthorized information disclosure via a side-channel analysis (CVE-2017-5715) Meltdown and Spectre.
Also, it covers the Multiple security issues with Thunderbird that leads to arbitrary code, denial of service, information disclosure or spoofing of sender’s email addresses.
It includes the fix for XPath predicates CVE-2017-15412, GIF image loader in the GDK Pixbuf library may result in denial of service CVE-2017-1000422, and CVE-2017-3145 triggering an assertion failure and crash in named.
How to get Tails 3.5
- Automatic upgrades Available from 3.3 and 3.4 to 3.5.
- If Auto upgrade fails you can go with the manual upgrade process.
And the Tails team said Tails 3.6 is to be scheduled to release on March 13.