Attackers Machine(Kali Linux 2.0)
- execute command ./brutespray.py python script with 777 Permissions ( read,write,execute)
Scanning victim website
- Start scanning your victim website or internal network with Nmap to check open ports and services.
- Below Image illustrate Nmap scan followed by saving an output of nmap results with a filename.
- Command executed: nmap –vv -n -oA Outputfilename
- Here -oA is Output in all formats(.xml,.gnmap,nmap)
Also Read Complete list of Kali Linux Tutorials
Nmap Output Mode
- Previous Nmap scan will be saved in the .xml format as an output file.
- This Output file (XML FILE) used to perform brute force attacks against open ports of the victim.
- Below image illustrate Nmap scan output file as bala.nmap
- Now you can run this tool with a command: ./brutespray.py -h will run the tool with help mode.
Brutespray Interactive Mode
- Launch Interactive mode with the command: python brutespray.py -f nmap.xml -i
- Once Interactive mode loaded, set your service, threads, hosts and finally dictionary file.
- Automate your Bruteforce attack with In build dictionary or use your own dictionary with Interactive Mode.
- The Brutespray started its attack, relax yourself lets wait for successful username and password from a dictionary file.
Brute Force Username & Password
- Once the attack is success username and password will be saved in the brutespray-output folder as output.
- Always recommended to use a strong password as per policy.
- Password changing policy should be 15 to 30 days will be a good practice.
- Password lockout policy is a good one to stop brute force attacks (After 5 failure attempts account will be locked).
- The integration of business-critical asset to SIEM( security incident & Event Management) will detect these kinds of attacks as soon as possible.