In 2006, he decided to move into the business side of the music industry as Co-founder and President of NoiseTrade, a revolutionary tribe-building platform.
NoiseTrade began as a way for my guest to promote his own music. Due to its success, he found himself helping friends and friends-of-friends do the same thing. The demand was so great that he built it into a platform.
NoiseTrade was recently acquired by PledgeMusic in a deal that is set to propel NoiseTrade forward and enable them to help more artists build their tribes.
Now, let’s hack …
In this 1-hour, 4-minute episode Derek Webb and I discuss:
- The importance of failing and using it as a learning tool
- The value of making a great living working with a smaller audience
- How Derek’s move to provide free music informed his transition from musicianship to entrepreneurship
- Leveraging the internet to create free content and make money
- How Derek adapted to the market and built NoiseTrade into the company it is today
Listen to Hack the Entrepreneur below …
The Transformation from Musician to EntrepreneurJon Nastor